Translate Blog

Friday, September 20, 2013

Four Days After Activation

Four days after activation and my baby heard this morning! I am pretty certain too!

We changed him to program three (out of four) yesterday. In the morning, Brody attended a fundraiser breakfast at my school. The conversation level was pretty loud and he kept pointing to the lights. I wasn't sure if it was just his obsession with lights or the fact that he was hearing and point to the lights to tell us (like he did in the audiologist's office). He was very alert last night, but didn't really give us any indication he was hearing anything.

This morning, I got him up and dressed. After I put the processors on, I stood out of his sight and rang the cowbell Jordan had bought him. His eyes got really big! I did it a few more times and he was looking around for it. Then, we did the rattle that Ms. Pam (our wonderful friend who made his cute hats) had given him. He started crying with that. At activation, he cried when we turned the microphone on for him to hear speech. So, I take this as a sign he was hearing. He didn't respond to the squeaker toys or the bells that we had.

Take a look!


1 comment: