Translate Blog

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Snow Day (again)

We've had some crazy weather here in Kentucky...looks like pretty much every where else in the US too. We had some bad snow and ice Friday morning during rush hour. We still had school, but it was a horrible drive in! Brody had a runny nose and couldn't go outside to play in the snow, so Grandma brought a bowl of snow in to play with. He loved it!

Saturday, Brody attended a Hawaiin themed 1st birthday party. Hawaii sounds nice right about now! He had a lot of fun once he let go of Jordan. I told Jordan afterwards that it is weird for me to see kids with out hearing aids or implants. I guess it's because those we the kids I work with everyday, and my firstborn wears them too. Little ears look naked without anything on them! Brody played with one of the little boys but could have cared less about the birthday girl or other girls. :)

Sunday, we had a slight breakthrough in the church nursery! Brody at first loved it, then hated it, then tolerated it, then hated it again. I was for sure this week would be no different. He was in a weird mood all morning. We saw that he was teething too, but they said he had a great time. Crazy! Prove mama wrong!

I was off work yesterday and Brody had three different therapies. He worked great with Ms. Paula. He is turning to he entire box of toys now. We started working on conditioned play. This is when an adult would raise their hand when they hear a beep for a hearing test. Kids will put a toy to their ear then put it in a box, or on a board, etc. when they hear the sound. We were working with ringing a bell and having Brody put one of the rings on the stacking toy. He is starting to get the game of putting it to him ear and then on to the stacker, but I'm not sure he is really getting the point of doing it when he hears the bell. It's a work in progress!

Then, we are a quick lunch and headed to see Ms. Melody for Aqua therapy. Brody has been doing really good the past few sessions. He screamed and could not calm himself down. Ms. Melody gave him about 20 minutes and then decided to stop. Poor Brody. He wouldn't even look at her when they got out of the pool. Oh well, we'll try again next week!

After aqua therapy, we went to grandma and Papa Brown's house for Ms. Arlene to come do OT. Brody worked better for her than he did for Melody. He would only do things on his terms though. She showed us how to use the rocking chair as part of therapy. Anything to rock or spin helps with the vestibular system.

Brody is becoming very stubborn. He is throwing tantrums and throwing off his processors. Where is my easy going, quiet kid? I mean, he is still an easy, go with the flow kid, but he is starting to have more independence and opinions. This week, he has started refusing food...even foods we know he likes. I gave him turkey and cheese like I usually do for lunch. He looked at me and threw it on the ground. My mom informed me that he only likes it on bread now with mayo and mustard. My bad! I gave him a sandwich today, and he ate the whole thing!


I had a snow day today...another one. I'm all for being safe, but we are going to be in school all summer! Today was actually a correct call though. We got a little over 4 inches and it continued to snow most of the day. Jordan worked from home until it was light out and the snow had stopped a little. Brody was a big fan of daddy being here, but not a fan of him leaving us.


He was a little spitfire all day! Even stole my drink at one point and thought he was hilarious!


After his nap, I bundled him up and took him out to play in the snow. While Bear loved it, Brody was not a fan. He was trying to walk and kept falling over. :(


 

 

 

 

Grandma got Brody a shaving kit for the bathtub for Christmas. He loves it! I guess he doesn't really have a model to watch having for since Daddy has a big beard going on. He got the hang of it though!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment